Senior Business Analyst
£45,000 - £48,000
The Senior Business Analyst is a critical member of the organisation. The Senior Business Analyst will work as a consultant to understand client business processes and requirements and as an implementer to deliver the agreed upon functionality. The Senior Business Analyst is also a primary conduit between the client and the companies product development for issues, defects and enhancements. While working through these challenges, the Senior Business Analyst must always focus on customer satisfaction and project scope.
The Senior Business Analyst is primarily responsible for the configuration, testing and deployment of one or more enterprise software products.
In order to effectively complete activities, the Senior Business Analyst must build rapport and credibility with the client through the display of industry knowledge and application expertise. Clear and professional communication skills are an absolute requirement. The Senior Business Analyst must be comfortable in leading and presenting to the client in a variety of scenarios such as leading of requirements gathering and application training.
Another key expectation of the role is a mastery of problem solving methods. The Senior Business Analyst must quickly ascertain the root cause of various issues and quickly formulate solutions or work-arounds to keep the project moving forward.
The position requires polished, on-the-ground consulting skills and a sense of what it means to deliver customer value every day. The company expects that their delivery is on time and on budget, with high customer satisfaction marks using established project management methodologies.
- Ability to translate business requirements into a technical design.
- Works collaboratively with management, employees and project resources to execute on prioritized work and ensure deadlines are met with the expected level of quality.
- Develops a technical proficiency with the company’s products related to business analysis in order to meet the primary responsibilities of the role.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Provides guidance and customer implementation insights to Product Development. Recommend ways to improve implementations using better tools, strategies and processes.
- Provides guidance and level of effort regarding scope and complexity of business analysis deliverables.
- Consulting on requirements gathering and application gap analysis.
- Reviewing process mapping and instituting process improvements.
- Advising on client-specific application configuration.
- Participating on functional, regression and performance testing.
- Issue triage and tracking.
- Client training (formal and informal).
- Managing change requests.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- 3+ years leading a technical or project team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence.
- 7+ years of relevant business analyst experience.
- Experience across the entire project lifecycle from requirements gathering to support transition.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong client relationship skills and demonstrated networking ability with peer-level colleagues.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience in large consulting organisation.
Contact Anna Gale:
Senior Engineering Consultant
0161 443 0006
Our specialist advisors
Labels, Adhesives & Raw Materials Consultant
Business Development Director
Senior Engineering Consultant
Direct Mail & Print Consultant
Machine Tools and Tooling Consultant
Specialist Engineering Consultant
Flexible & Rigid Packaging Consultant
Business Development Manager