Sales Executive – Food Ingredients/Packaging (LE2056)
up to £50k + uncapped bonus + Car + benefits
Are you an expert in food manufacture and have a good understanding of the challenge’s brands (both large and small) have in today’s market?
Are you tenacious, positive by nature, pedantic with the detail and not afraid of being results driven?
Do you have an excellent commercial understanding, able to build solid relationships at both our business and across our customer base?
Can you manage to win and implement major contracts that could involve many different businesses (you may be working across them all!) but most important of all are you driven by new business?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity with a great client who has:
- A unique supply chain solution.
- 2 x manufacturing sites-based UK, both BRC grade AA + access to many facilities worldwide.
- 2 x well invested manufacturing sites (packaging and food co-packing)
- A focus on sales, quality and market leading customer service.
- An expert team whose core competence is food and packaging manufacture along with a specialist procurement team who specialise in the sourcing of products we do not make.
- A great team work ethic.
- A strong profitable business.
Skills & Experience:
- A good understanding of food manufacturing (ideally dried food, filling and blending)
- A drive for new business development.
- A great positive attitude.
- Project management skills.
- Good IT and organisational skills.
- A sound commercial understanding.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise workload and are self-driven.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Proven success, knowledge and at least 6+ years of successful experience in a New Business Development role
- A history of building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Good project management skills
- Work with a team to agree target clients, budgets and plans
- Develop client specific strategies to win new business
- Travel within the UK for meetings with clients and internal stakeholders
- Preparation of presentation material and pitch to clients
- Build strong relationships.
- Oversee the post business award period with internal teams
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting & activity reports to the Leadership team
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the Leadership team and other company functions
- Have an technical understanding of different packaging formats
- An understanding of e-commerce.
- Strong entrepreneurial approach with a proven track record of gaining and maintaining new customers
Contact Abbie Morrison:
0161 443 0064
Our specialist advisors
Senior Engineering Consultant
Direct Mail & Print Consultant