£Negotiable depending on experience
My client is a leading chemicals manufacturer and supplier
• Carrying out and recording product quality and conformity tests.
• Reporting and controlling non-conforming product.
• To undertake consistent and repeatable testing of manufactured products in accordance with internal laboratory test methods.
• To provide a timely service for test turn-around in order to support manufacturing timelines.
• To maintain batch test records, ensuring receiving of products and raw materials are accurately posted for each batch, processing for both the mixing and filling plant(s).
• To process production documentation upon completion of QC testing within company MRP system.
• To carry out planned tasks in accordance with the Company’s Quality Systems Manual and as directed by the Quality Manager.
• To pass details of any product non-conformities to Quality/Production Management promptly to aid investigations and rectification.
• To carry out planned spot product inspections as dictated by internal quality sampling plans.
• To ensure all measuring equipment used has valid calibration.
• To ensure necessary product certification is created and passed to Sales in a timely manner.
• To maintain laboratory records, equipment, and laboratory facility in a clean, tidy and organised condition, including general housekeeping.
• To adhere to Company policies for Health and Safety, Quality and IT.
• To assist the Quality Manager with any other activities required.
• Education to GCSE level or equivalent
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• A general knowledge and understanding of Quality Control practices is desirable
• Prior experience of working in a laboratory/technical environment is advantageous
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to complete tasks to a consistent and repeatable standard
• Dependable, organised and methodical approach to work
• Ability to deal with multiple tasks in parallel
• Good computer literacy skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• Calm and confident demeanour in regard to raising quality matters to management and halting production when required
• A flexible approach to work times in order to cover variable production schedules including overtime.
Contact Kelly Kehoe: