My client is a chemicals manufacturer
• The main purpose of the Production Manager is to ensure that all activities associated with production are carried out in compliance to the company standards for health, safety, environmental and quality.
• Leading a team of 32, with 3 direct reports
• Managing daily workload, ensuring effective timely completion
• Liaise with other departments to ensure effective running of production.
• Any other reasonable task requested by the Company would also be included in the responsibilities.
• To accurately complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
• Manage team to ensure production plan is met.
• Implement and maintain a high level of housekeeping standards.
• Ensuring all Production supervisors are fully aware of their position, responsibilities, accountability, job function including objectives.
• Maintain job descriptions
• Understanding of requirements, site rules, procedures, expectations
• Assist in HAZOP or other Risk assessments
• Ensuring compliance with Management of Change procedures
• To liaise with other departments to ensure the effective running of production.
• Identify, implement, and evaluate training needs for direct reports
• Trouble-shoot problems and implement and communicate corrective and preventative action.
• Report back to Business Unit Manager on production problems and/or inability to manufacture to agreed customer delivery date.
• Regular review of production schedule with Business Unit Manager.
• Communicate with the relevant personnel to ensure that plant efficiency and productivity levels are achieved.
• Provide production reports to Business Unit Manager upon request.
• Maintain levels of morale and discipline to achieve high levels of motivation.
• Manages Employee Relations and Performance Management (Formal Discipline & Grievance and Employee Development Reviews)
• Attend Quality, Engineering and Management Review meetings as and when required.
• Provide plant and process technical support where applicable.
• Performance Management of Team – driving accountability and leading by example
• Manages Employee Relations and Performance Management (formal discipline & grievance and employee development reviews)
Contact Kelly Kehoe: