• Taking design briefs from Clients, Sales, Business Development and other internal departments, ensuring all aspects of the brief and required timescales are understood.
• Interpreting the design brief to create and draw up solutions using ArtiosCAD software.
• Ensure information stored within the CAD files are accurate and fully complete.
• Creating and maintaining environmental and quality check sheets for each CAD drawing created.
• Producing 3D samples and printed mock-ups using a wide range of substrates.
• Liaise with commercial and production teams, as well as tooling suppliers, to ensure proposed solutions are both practical for production and commercially viable.
• Ensuring all drawings and samples are produced within the agreed timescales.
• Attend meetings with clients to take briefs and to present ideas, samples and mock-ups where required.
• Carrying out production and packing trials to test suitability of proposed concepts.
• Develop and maintain a good level of product, material and process knowledge.
• Work closely and communicate effectively with the Client Services, Business Development and other internal teams.
• Be pro-active in creating new concepts and ideas that could be offered to existing and potential new clients.
• Keeping up-to-date with current market trends, materials and technology advancements.
• Be able to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
• Be familiar with different material specifications and production processes.
• Be creatively minded, with an eye for detail who enjoys working as part of a team.
• GCSE Grade C or Above – Maths & English
• Product design or similar technical qualification
• Ideally 2 years using CAD software, but suitable training will be given.
• 2 years’ experience of print manufacturing environment
• Microsoft Office, including basic Excel