• To oversee the planning and organisation of the company’s manufacturing process and ensure availability of necessary material, equipment, and labour resources required.
• To prepare cost estimates and budget required for any manufacturing project/improvement proposal.
• To organise or conduct inspections to ensure production machinery are operational and efficient.
• To facilitate maintenance, repair or replacement of damaged equipment.
• To work with the Technical manager in the selection and procurement of new and alternative raw materials.
• To oversee the quality management system (ISO 9001) working with all departments and managers to make sure that we operate to and maintain an efficient QMS system.
• To conduct negotiations with contractors, and suppliers to ensure that raw material and services cost stay within budget/plan.
• Working with the Technical manager and Production Manager to ensure production complies with established quality control specifications and standards.
• To support the Production Manager in the monitoring and supervising of activities of production personnel to ensure effective performance of job duties.
• To ensure a cost-effective and high-quality production.
• To liaise with other departmental heads such as the Technical manager and Production Manager to ensure finished products are of the best quality.
• Working with the Production manager to ensure manufacturing and production personnel comply with set health and safety policies when carrying out job duties.
• To organise or instigate training programs to enhance personnel job skill and knowledge.
• To produce a monthly report of manufacturing operations to be distributed to the management team and discussed at the monthly management meeting.
• To chair the weekly operations meeting held at the start of each week with Sales admin, Technical and production managers
• Candidates MUST have a technical training or qualification equivalent to at least degree level Chemistry.
Contact Kelly Kehoe: