Up to £28k
• The successful candidate will work as part of their Customer Service Team reporting directly to their Customer Services Director managing a variety of projects either autonomously or as part of a development team.
• Liaising with clients and advising them on the best product and service solutions for a variety of diverse projects with a “can do” attitude at all times.
• Creating Estimates and submitting to clients, progress chasing and winning work predominantly for large and small format digital products.
• Preparing and delivering work instructions and project briefs for tasks such as production, packing, collation, delivery or fitting.
• Purchasing stock and non-stock materials, products and services on behalf of the business.
• Occasional face to face or online client or colleague meetings, site surveys and negotiation with suppliers.
• Assisting the business with product and service development to maintain growth and diversity within their industry.
• An established and successful history in managing high profile and small client accounts within the print industry.
• A professional understanding of selling print related products and services and a professional knowledge of print production processes and techniques; especially large and small format digital products and their applications.
• A meticulously tidy manner to administration with an advanced skillset of using Microsoft Office based programs especially Excel, Word and Outlook and an experience of using an MIS. System.
• A positive attitude and aptitude with an innate ability to build excellent working relationships with their clients, suppliers and their colleagues.
• A professional, well presented telephone manner.
• Be a skilled negotiator achieving mutual satisfaction at all times to ensure long-term relationships.
• Experience in organising fitting installations and managing installation teams and their related machinery.
• The initiative to self-organise and manage their day to day operations.