Internal Sales Engineer – AG3241
Up to £35k + bonus
My client are looking for a customer oriented and results driven Inside Sales Engineer to assist their customers by identifying the best solution for their application. You will be driving the business forward by offering and selling complete product solutions and providing commercial and technical support to customers.
The ideal person for this role will always seek to provide the highest standards of customer service and will succeed in doing so by collaborating with peers including Outside Sales, Service Engineers, Product Managers and Regional Business Director.
- Respond to sales enquiries from customers, qualifying all enquiries to ensure proposals demonstrate the company’s full product and capabilities portfolio, maximizing all bookings opportunities and quote to order ratio;
- Ensure all proposals meet the customers’ application and operational needs, are technically accurate and commercially verified and offer the best solutions that highlight customer business benefits;
- Liaise with Field Sales and Account Management to prioritize effort, gather competitive intelligence, agree product direction and price strategy to improve customer service consistent with account plans that contribute to their ongoing development;
- Respond to customer queries and clarification requests;
- Using standardized European and Business Unit processes, ensure the timely entering of orders into the sales order processing system verifying that all data is checked and accurate;
- Maintain delegations of authority;
- Maximize opportunities for all other company divisions wherever possible;
- Work with Field Sales to report on quotation and project potential utilizing Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools;
- Liaise with Credit Management to resolve any invoice discrepancies and help reduce the company DSO levels;
- Be organized in your approach to quotations, time management and be able to organize others when needed within your specific work area;
- Ensure full compliance with legal and Company requirements with regards to Trade Compliance and Ethical Business and follow necessary procedures;
- Occasionally visit customers to build relationships, understand customer challenges and provide solution to become trusted advisor to the customer
- HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent, or relevant experience in the industry
- Background and experience in Inside Sales and/or Customer Service equivalent roles
- Experience of using product and business systems and standard business reporting tools, for example Oracle and CRM systems is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at both technical and commercial level to resolve customer issues
- Awareness of LEAN principles
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- English fluency to business standard essential
- Computer literacy is essential with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications [Excel, Work and PowerPoint] essential
- Customer orientation and related values
- You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and better results.
Contact Anna Gale:
Senior Engineering Consultant
0161 443 0006
Our specialist advisors
Senior Engineering Consultant
Direct Mail & Print Consultant