Area Specification Manager (Control Valves) – DW2985
The Company: My client is the UK’s largest supplier of plumbing products and is the world-leading manufacturer
of valves, components and fittings for the domestic and commercial building services market.
- The successful candidate will be directly responsible for specifying the range of HVAC
- Control products with Consulting Engineers, Design & Build Contractors, Building
- Developers, Facility Managers, Housing Associations, Local Authorities, OEMs and other specifiers as well as creating a demand from mechanical and electrical contractors for the network of appointed distributors.
- The geographical boundaries of the territory will be finalised after commencement of employment but is provisionally to cover London, the M25 corridor and the South East of England.
- A South East Based candidate is preferred although other Home Counties home locations may also be considered.
- Visit consulting engineers and contractors as well as other specifiers to improve awareness of the company’s brand and its range of HVAC Control valves, to ensure that these are listed as an approved product on current and future projects.
- Promote the company’s product range of PICV, DPCV, Manual and Automatic Balancing
- Valves through technical presentations.
- Obtain project specifications for the above range of products.
- Introduce, present and discuss the extensive range of HVAC Control Valves and the design of the systems within which they are used on new and refurbished commercial projects.
- Provide front-end technical support to customers in the territory, providing an efficient and high quality technical support service to customers.
- Provide on-site support post order as required through to the successful installation and commissioning of the product.
- Give CPD presentations to various customers on the products and the systems within which they are used.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure prompt delivery of items.
- You will need to be a resilient Sales Manager with a technical background and have a minimum of 5-years’ experience in a similar role.
- It would be expected that you would have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar suitable engineering qualification.
- This position involves a very high level of direct customer and supplier contact and therefore the successful candidate must be able to project a professional and competent image at all times to ensure that a good impression of the company and its products is given.
- You will have a basic all-round knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering, have a proven track record of specifying control valves in HVAC systems and fully understand the principles of commissioning hot and chilled water systems.
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to problem solve when considering application challenges, be able to handle objections and negotiate and close a sale whilst being of a strong character to succeed against tough commercial opposition.
- You will need to have good computer and organisational skills as well as an ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Effectively whilst integrating into a small close-knit team.
- This role will suit an experienced professional already familiar with these or similar products and the customer base or an eager graduate engineer looking to develop a career in this industry.
- This position is offered with a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, bonus and benefits.
Please send your CV on a completely confidential basis to Darren White at Key Recruitment UK Ltd. I am an industry specialist consultant working solely within the Engineering sector.
Email: email@example.com; Call: +44 (0) 161 443 0025; Fax: +44 (0) 161 443 0039
Write: Key House, 15/16 The Embankment, Emery Park, Vale Road, Heaton Mersey, Stockport, SK4 3GN, England.
Contact Darren White:
Specialist Engineering Consultant
0161 443 0025
Our specialist advisors
Business Development Director
Senior Engineering Consultant
Direct Mail & Print Consultant
Machine Tools and Tooling Consultant
Recruitment Consultant - Labels & Capital Equipment
Specialist Engineering Consultant
Flexible & Rigid Packaging Consultant
Business Development Manager
Business Development Executive